Thursday, April 15, 2010

First CSA meal - Strawberries, Bibb Lettuce, Swiss Chard, and Zucchini

For the first meal with my CSA produce, I started off with a salad - Bibb Lettuce, Strawberries, Pecans, Feta Cheese, and a vinaigrette dressing:



It was excellent.

The main course consisted of grilled chicken (just seasoned with McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning), Sautéed Swiss Chard, and Fried Zucchini. I'm not very good at pairing foods, but that's what I put together. The Chard was kinda bitter, so next time I'll try some other way to cook it. The Zucchini was awesome - I did that by dredging the slices through flour, then an egg wash, then bread crumbs (Vigo Italian Style), then frying on the stove for a couple of minutes on each side.



For dessert, we had strawberry shortcakes. The cakes came from the Publix bakery, the strawberries were sliced then sprinkled with sugar, and the whipped cream was real whipped cream (made with real nitrous oxide!). It was the best part of the meal.



Now I have 1 Zucchini, some Snap Beans, and 4 apples left. This isn't much, so next time I'll get the regular sized bag of produce from Local Food Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment